Our Federal partner is the Department of Justice Canada’s Youth Justice Fund.
To date, our partners at the Provincial level are:
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Youth Justice Services Division
- Ontario Court of Justice: Each site has Judges/Justices of the Peace committed to participation in the Project
- Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies: OACAS
- Ontario Association of Residences Treating Youth: OARTY
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer: OCL
- Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth: OPACY
- Justice For Children and Youth
Locally, our partners include:
- The Toronto Police Service
- Local Children’s Aid Societies are key partners to help build creative solutions. The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto and Catholic Children’s Aid Society have formally partnered with the project
- Local Crown Attorneys, Duty Counsel, Defense Counsel and Lawyers and Legal Clinics that serve particular communities are important partners
- Local Children’s Service Providers in all sectors including children’s mental health are integral to the work being done
Our Advisory Committee at each site will include numerous agencies and individuals who support Cross-Over Youth.
- Our Toronto-based committee is an offshoot of the original advisory committee.
- Our Thunder Bay committee is off to a strong start.
We thank our partners for their commitment to bettering outcomes for Cross-Over Youth.